March 13, 2010 at 7:55 am
Well, it’s nearly been a year since I made a post on my blog (and I was doing so good before), but ever since I started working full time, it’s been hard to take the time for this. However, let me briefly tell you about what’s happened since last year:
- My internship at Synapse Studios in Tempe was converted to a full-time, salary-paying job. I really enjoy working there. I get to make websites everyday.
- We found out that we were going to have a baby boy!
- I graduated summa cum laude from Arizona State University in August. I received a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with a concentration in Software Engineering
- I lost 30 lbs.
- Penny and I bought a house! We’ve been here for almost half a year now, and we love it. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up with chores and bills, but we love having our own place.
- I sang and Penny played violin in a Christmas choir led by Ted Sowards and Jared Nielson
- Baby Joey was born! Who thought I would ever be a dad? We love having this little guy around. We love him so much. He mostly just sleeps, poops, and eats still, but he is starting to interact with us a little more and smile and laugh. He’s great.
- I gained 30 lbs.
- Started doing some freelance work on the side for some extra dough. Hospital bills are rough! We’re going to be fine though because of the lovely first-time homebuyer tax credit. We probably wouldn’t have bought a house if it weren’t for that.
I used to advertise 8 years ago that I would conquer the Earth by 2010. Well, that didn’t happen exactly how I planned it at that time, but in a way I feel like I have. I have a family, a home, and a career, and I couldn’t be more happy about that. I reckon that there are many adventures for Penny and I in the future, so I hope life continues to treat us well.