To secure an important position in a web development firm working on challenging, innovative, and meaningful projects that utilize the latest web technologies, trends, and standards.
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Proficient in object-oriented PHP and MySQL development
- Expertise in HTML/XHTML and CSS
- Experienced in Enterprise-level development with the Kohana PHP MVC framework
- Conforms with current Web standards and trends
- Familiar with XML and RSS processing including XML Schemas and XSLT
- Experienced with content management systems like WordPress
- Knowledgeable in object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Familiar with concepts of service-oriented, cloud-based, and distributed programming
- Programming experience in Java, C/C++, and C# (ASP.NET)
- Some programming experience in Scheme/Lisp, Prolog, Visual Basic, and Flex
- Experienced with Adobe Photoshop, Visual Studio, and Microsoft Office
- Familiar with SVN and GIT version control systems and IDEs like Zend Studio and NetBeans
- Actual knowledge of the meanings of the acronyms and buzzwords used above
- Arizona State University — Tempe, AZ — 2003 – 2009
- Graduated summa cum laude with a bachelors degree in Computer Science and a concentration in software engineering. Cumulative GPA of 4.1. I have continued to work with ASU by supervising senior capstone projects and working with professors to build web-related classes.
- Mesa High School — Mesa, AZ — 2000 – 2003
- Graduated with academic excellence. Top 20. Cumulative GPA of 4.3.
- PHP Web Developer — Synapse Studios, Mesa, AZ — Jun 2008 – Present
- Programmed, designed, edited, and debugged parts of many projects of various sizes from small business to large e-commerce and enterprise-level websites. Coded PHP and XHTML/CSS extensively to create custom web-based solutions. Also worked extensively with the WordPress content management system and the Kohana PHP MVC framework.
- Lead Web Developer (Internship) — CampusSpots.com, Tempe, AZ — Mar 2008 – Oct 2008
- Created a custom framework in PHP from scratch and constructed the website to be expandable and customizable. Manipulated existing solutions to suit client requirements and integrated into the custom framework. Executed all major and minor changes to the website as dictated by the client.
- Teaching Assistant — Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ — Fall 2007
- Served as a grader and laboratory conductor for 2 programming classes in the Computer Science department at Arizona State University.
- Web Developer — Self-Employed, Mesa, AZ — 2006 — Present
- Designed, programmed, and published small-scale websites for individuals and groups.